Google Conference Scholarships for Africans 2023/2024 – Apply. Applications are now open for the Google conference Scholarships for African Students. Check below for application procedures and the requirements.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple, and Facebook. Google was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California.
At Google, we believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. They also believe that everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue connections in the industry, networking with peers, and a career path in technology.
To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we are excited to offer Google Conference Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
Benefits of Google Conference Scholarships
- These scholarships are specifically designed to support selected individuals, empowering them to attend influential conferences and broaden their professional horizons.
Requirements for Google Conference Scholarships
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend an international conference, applicants must:
- Be a full-time student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Have a paper accepted at a top-tier computer science conference. We prefer to support conferences in research areas where Google has a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for a list of areas.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships. Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Interested persons should CLICK HERE to apply
The Scholarships will be awarded to the most qualified persons based on application review. Every applicant will be notified of their status according to the time frames specified for the region.
We review applications on a rolling basis, all year round, therefore eligible applicants will get our reply around four weeks of applying. Please apply for the grant well in advance of the Conference start date, as the payment completion timeline can be between 5-8 weeks. Once approved for a travel grant, the funds will be paid to the applicant’s university. And the student may claim expenses using regular university procedures.
Visit Google website For more details