Forbes Top Ten List of Highest Paid Athletes in 2023 and what they earn monthly/annually.
The top three highest-paid athletes in the world of sports in the past 12 months are footballers, according to the 2023 list recently published by Forbes.
Cristiano Ronaldo mouth watering transfer to Saudi Arabia with Al Nassr helped him make a reported $136 million.
Out of that $136m, $90m come from off-field income, including brand partnerships with the likes of Binance and LiveScore.
Second and third on the list are Paris Saint-Germain forwards Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe.
It was earlier reported that Messi earned about $130m – more than $350,000 per month – over the last year.
His sponsors, include Adidas, Budweiser and PepsiCo.
Messi is also an ambassador for the tourist board of Saudi Arabia.
Mbappe, won the Golden Boot in the last World Cup where he lost the final with France, and it was reported that he made $120m in the last 12 months.
The 24-year-old bin made more than Messi and Ronaldo in terms of on-field earnings, when he received a big bonus for extending his contract with PSG after heavy interest from Real Madrid.
Forbes Top Ten List of Highest Paid Athletes in 2023
We will be ranking this list from 10th position to 1st position and the sports they play. The list of top ten highest paid athletes in the world comprises of 3 Footballers, 3 Basketballers, 2 Golfers, 1 Tennis Player and 1 Boxer. See full list and details below.
- Kevin Durant – $89.1million ($41.1m in on-field earnings) – Basketball
- Roger Federer – $95.1million ($45.1m in on-field earnings)- Tennis
- Stephen Curry – $100.4million ($48.4m in on-field earnings) – Basketball
- Phil Mickelson – $106million ($104m in on-field earnings) – Golf
- Dustin Johnson – $107million ($102m in on-field earnings) – Golf
- Canelo Alvarez – $110million ($100m in on-field earnings) – Boxing
- LeBron James – $119.5million ($44.5m in on-field earnings) – Basketball
- Kylian Mbappe – $120million ($100m in on-field earnings) – Football
- Lionel Messi – $130million ($65m in on-field earnings) – Football
- Cristiano Ronaldo – $136million ($46m in on-field earnings) – Football