Promasidor is currently accepting applications for the position of a Cost Assistant. Check below for more information on if you qualify to apply and see how to apply.
Cost Accountant at Promasidor Nigeria Limited
We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time – Associate
- Monitor Budget and performance in relation to manufacturing standards, set standards for unit costs and recommend appropriate cost-saving opportunities.
Coordination of manufacturing review process:
- Agree job |manufacturing review calendar with budget holders Generate monthly pre-close reports and analysis.
- Conduct monthly cost reviews for all SKU’s, providing adequate documentation.
- Conduct detailed analysis of all production cost accounts,
- Investigate and follow-up with responsible parties to resolve erroneous postings and raising necessary journals to correct them.
- Report significant omissions in the job costing to management. Investigate and report on all manufacturing variances.
- Run post-close reports.
- Develop cost-saving initiatives for presentation to management, with subsequent implementation.
- Ensure adequacy and completeness of all entries in the accounts with correct classification to job, location and cost center.
Ownership and compilation of investment capex documents:
- Complete necessary investment case documents
- Validate | collate all base information from necessary sources o Maintain and update capex model
- Reconcile capex proposals against budget
- Complete presentations for investment cases
- Monthly manufacturing cost flash, detailed cost analysis by job o Quarterly BOM reviews, tracking against targets and Ad-hoc analysis.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant discipline plus ICAN or ACCA Qualification.
- Minimum of 5 Years Relevant Experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organization skill
- Good communication skill
- Research abilities.
- Strong technology expertise, Including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Time Management.
- Willingness to Learn
- Ethics and integrity.
- Collaboration and Team work
Check this out-Communications Officer at Idmibok International
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Attach CVs in PDF only.
If this article was helpful to you, subscribe to our website via your email. Subscription is free.
For job updates and more,CLICK HERE
You can also reach us on our social media pages