This is to notify you that African Critical Inquiry Programme 2022 Ivan Karp Doctoral Research Awards for African doctoral students is accepting applications currently. Check for eligibility and application procedures below.
African Critical Inquiry Programme 2022 Ivan Karp Doctoral Research Awards for African doctoral students- ZAR 40,000.
The African Critical Inquiry Program (ACIP) seeks to advance inquiry and debate about the roles of public cultural domains and institutions in shaping identities and society in South Africa after colonialism and apartheid. The program has two components:
- The first, an annual ACIP Workshop in South Africa, provides interdisciplinary, cross-institutional contexts to address issues central to such debate and to develop comparative, critical frameworks that can yield fresh insights, innovative and informed practice, and lively interchange for those working in and on institutions of public culture in Africa.
- The second component, the Ivan Karp Doctoral Research Awards, fosters work by the next generation of scholar-practitioners.
In these ways, ACIP strengthens public scholarship and institutions of public culture in South Africa and enhances our understanding of these vital sites of cultural production and social action.
Related-MSIF Du Pré Grant 2022 for MS researchers and clinicians
- The Ivan Karp Doctoral Research Awards are open to African postgraduate students (regardless of citizenship) in the humanities and humanistic social sciences.
- Applicants must be currently registered in a Ph.D. programme in a South African university and be working on topics related to ACIP’s focus.
- Awards will support doctoral research projects focused on topics such as institutions of public culture, particular aspects of museums and exhibitions, forms and practices of public scholarship, culture and communication, and the theories, histories and systems of thought that shape and illuminate public culture and public scholarship.
Selection will be based on the merit and strength of the application.
- Awards are open to proposals working with a range of methodologies in the humanities and humanistic social sciences, including research in archives and collections, fieldwork, interviews, surveys, and quantitative data collection.
- Applicants are expected to write in clear, intelligible prose for a selection committee that is multi-disciplinary and cross-regional.
- Proposals should show thorough knowledge of the major concepts, theories, and methods in the applicant’s discipline and in other related fields and include a bibliography relevant to the research.
- Applicants should specify why an extended period of on-site research is essential to successfully complete the proposed doctoral dissertation.
See Also-Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2023
Application Deadline: May 2nd, 2022
Please submit materials as a single file attachment with documents in the order listed above. Applications should be sent by email with the heading “ACIP 2022 Research Award Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the African Critical Inquiry Programme 2022 Ivan Karp Doctoral Research Awards
Was this article helpful? Then subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on
Nordic Africa Institute African Guest Researchers’ scholarships 2023
Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2023
NLNG United Kingdom Post-graduate Scholarship Award 2022
CICOPS Scholarships 2023 for Researchers from Developing Countries
Leave a Comment