Volkswagen Foundation Summer School 2022 for Young African Leaders (Fully Funded)
The VW-summer school series intends to train participants on the knowledge and skills of how landscape ecology can contribute to improve the status of achieving the SDGs and the AU Agenda 2063 objectives. The summer school will entail joint engagement of scientists and practitioners from urban, regional and national planning as well as from governmental institutions who are engaged in socio-ecological system development from multiple perspectives.
- Be a PhD student, Postdoctoral student or early career scientist from based in Sub Saharan Africa or Germany.
- Consistently participate in all planned webinar series
- Motivation and interest in Landscape Ecology, Cities and Urban Ecological Resilience
- Brief CV (Maximum 2 pages)
Check-AIDS 2022 Young Leaders Programme for young activists/researchers
- African countries and Germany.
- The summer school will be a mixture of early career and young scientists as well as established scholars and input providers from practice, such as policy makers/representatives of governmental institutions preparing and implementing environmental policies, planners, actors from business and economy and local knowledge holders.
- For the young scientists, the focus will be on PhD and postdoctoral students from African and German institutions.
- The summer school series are fully funded by the Volkswagen Foundation, which will cover costs for travel, accommodation, Visa and meals physical meeting in Kampala in July 2022.
You may also like-United Nations SDG Young Leaders Initiative 2022 For Young Change-Makers
- The 1st summer school will consist of three webinars and a physical meeting which will take place in Uganda in July 2022.
- The webinars will cover the theoretical underpinning of landscape ecology with a view bringing all the participants to the same level of understanding of landscape ecology and its principles.
- Webinar 1: May 2022
- Webinar 2: June 2022
- Physical meeting (Kampala, Uganda): 18 -24 July 2022 ****Note:
- Applications to participate in the first summer school should be submitted online at vwsummerschool.mak.ac.ug. The application deadline is April 22, 2022.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the VW Summer School 2022
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our
McKinsey & Company Young Leadership Programme 2022/2023
Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023 for Young Emerging Leaders
Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2022 for young South African Leaders
United Nations SDG Young Leaders Initiative 2022 For Young Change-Makers
AIDS 2022 Young Leaders Programme for young activists/researchers