Young South Africans are invited to apply for the 2022/2023 Bursary Programme. See if you are eligible and see more information on the correct application procedure below.
The Nedbank External Bursary Programme 2022/2023 for young South Africans.
The Nedbank External Bursary Programme (bursary) aims to fund academically deserving students who do not have the financial means to study fulltime towards a first undergraduate degree or diploma at a South African public university or university of technology. The aim of the bursary programme is to address South Africa’s scarce-skills shortages, with a specific focus on green economy skills.
In short, green economy promotes sustaining and advancing economic, environmental and social well-being. Green-economy skills refer to those areas of study that focus on improving human well-being and social equity, while also significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities. Green-economy skills include the reducing of carbon emissions and pollution, increasing energy and materials efficiency and enhancing our natural capital.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- You must have a proven financial need, as determined by household income.
- An average of 65% in the year that you are applying for the bursary, ie in grade 12 or at university level.
- An average of 65% for the required subjects aligned to the degree you plan to study at university.
- We will not consider applicants who completed their grade 12 or senior certificate with Mathematics Literacy.
- You must have obtained admission to a South African public university or university of technology for the undergraduate qualification you plan to study.
Supporting documents required for your application
1. A certified copy of your South African identity card/document.
2. Your most recent academic transcript, ie:
2.1 Grade 11 final results, as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in grade 12.
2.2 Grade 12 final results as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in your first year at university.
2.3 Your last academic year results as well as your current mid-year results if you are currently in your second or third year at university.
3. The financial checks affidavit must be signed by:
3.1 your parent(s) or guardian(s);
3.2 you, the bursary applicant.
Download the affidavit here, completed it, make sure it is signed by all the parties above and add it to your application.
Application Deadline: June 30th, 2022
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Nedbank External Bursary Programme 2022/2023
Was this article helpful? Then subscribe to our website via email for more scholarships updates and general updates and opportunities. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on
FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship Program 2022/2023
She Leads Africa High Growth Coaching Program 2022
University of Oxford Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme 2022
Nigerian Agip (NAE) Post Graduate Scholarship 2021 / 2022- Apply Now
NLNG United Kingdom Post-graduate Scholarship Award 2022
Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program 2022/2023
Absa GenA Global Markets 2023 Programme
MultiChoice Talent Factory Academy Program 2022/2023
German Chancellor Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 for emerging Leaders (Fully Funded to Germany)
Leave a Comment