The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability.
BHC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Procurement Officer Recruitment at the British High Commission (BHC)
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job ID: 09/22 LOS
Grade: A2 (L)
Duration of Post: 12 months
Job Subcategory: Procurement
Working hours per week: 37 hours
Start and End Date: 15 – 30 April 2022
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
SEE ALSO- How To Apply For FMBN Housing Property Loan (Rent To Own)
Main Purpose of Job
- Conduct market research to identify suppliers who can meet the BDHC quality standard and negotiate long term call off agreements and to source potential suppliers.
- Manage the contract tender process of various procurements of goods, services or work projects. This will include; sourcing of suppliers, creation of input and agreement of specification, preparation of tender documentation, liaison and coordination with suppliers to clarify requirements, coordination and evaluation of bids, seek appropriate approval, direct negotiation, agreement of contracts, management and closure for the BDHC, Lagos.
- Other procurement tasks as directed by line management.
- To ensure the procurement process is undertaken in line with FCO policies and principles. To support the Head of Procurement and senior leadership at post and across the network, to achieve financial compliance and integrity.
- Payroll Support Registration
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Roles and Responsibilities
Delivering a Quality Service (Customer Focus) – 35%
- Carry out procurement function for the BDHC
- Use Government Procurement Card (GPC) for Goods and services under £3,000
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for GPC use
- Work with the Contract Manager & Procurement Hub/CPG on contracts
- To ensure procurement is undertaken in line with FCO policies and principles. To support the Head of Procurement and senior leadership at post and across the network, to achieve financial compliance and integrity
- Support Budget Monitors for payments
- Create requisitions for goods and services from agreed supplier list
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- N350,000 Imprest
SEE ALSO- Federal Government of Nigeria Vehicle Scheme for Nigerians
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Previous financial management experience
- Proficient in English
- Previous procurement/contract management experience in a structured organisation
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Have a Master’s Degree in any related field
- Be a member of CIPS with road map to completing the course
Required competencies :
- Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
NGN 431,507.86 / Month.
How to Apply for British High Commission Recruitment
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th March, 2022.
We would keep updating on more local and international JOB opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you successfully apply for FGN Vehicle Finance Scheme.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our
Leave a Comment