NIN Tokenization: Correct Step On How to Use vNIN USSD Code to protect your NIN- This is to inform all our readers who are not aware of the Virtual NIN required for SIM services among other important functions. We will be providing you with all the information you need.
Have you registered for your National Identification Number (NIN)? Have you collected your NIN Slip? Do you have access to your National Identity Management Commission (NIMC ) slip? Do you want to verify your NIN to be sure that it is correct?
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC ) has provided a platform form where NIN holders can now protect their NIN from any external or third parties.
See full details on vNIN and how to use it to your advantage below.
What is vNIN (Virtual NIN)?
The vNIN (Virtual NIN) is a tokenized version of the person’s actual NIN which another party verifying the number cannot retain and use in a way that puts the individual’s data privacy at risk.
The Virtual NIN itself (not the NIN record it represents) expires 72 hours after being generated.
You can use the Virtual NIN when digitally verifying your identity with a verifying agent or enterprise who needs to confirm your identity before offering you a service (banks, airports, shopping delivery and so on).
How to Get vNIN
You can get your vNIN using two different methods, you are encouraged to use any of the methods easily accessible to you.
- You can get your vNIN using USSD
- You can get your vNIN using MWS Mobile App
How to Get Your vNIN via USSD
- To generate a Virtual NIN via USSD, dial *346*3*Your NIN*AgentCode#
- An SMS message will be sent back to you containing the Virtual NIN generated for you.
How to Get Your vNIN via the MWS Mobile App
- Launch the MWS Mobile ID app installed on your device (Android or iOS). Make sure you have the current version of the app installed or updated on your mobile device.
- Enter your PIN on the lock screen to continue.
- Select the “GET VIRTUAL NIN” button on the “Home” screen.
- Read through the “Enhanced Data Privacy” text.
- Then click on the button with the “+” sign on the bottom right corner of the screen to start the process of generating a Virtual NIN for the verifying Enterprise you are dealing with.
- Tap on any of the available options to either scan the Enterprise’s QR code or type in the Enterprise’s ID.
- A Virtual NIN is generated for you to use specifically with that verifying Enterprise alone.
- Present the Virtual NIN to the Enterprise for verification.
- Receive a notification once verification is completed by the Enterprise.
What are the Benefits of vNIN?
- Data privacy protection – access to an individual’s NIN by others is further restricted.
- Generated token is encrypted and totally opaque with no correlation to the NIN.
- The NIN holder is the only exclusive issuer.
- Generated tokens expire after a set period of time.
- Virtual NIN tokens generated are merchant-specific, a token generated for company A cannot be used or verified by company B.
How to check my NIMC details online
How to Register for NIMC NIN Online
vNIN for all Network Service Providers in Nigeria
You can access vNIN through any of the service providers you are using.
For Airtel: https://www.airtel.com.ng/vNIN
For MTN: https://nin.mtnonline.com/
For 9Mobile/Etisalat: Dial **346*3*NIN*enterprise-ID#*
We hope this article helped you register for NIN online.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our