KPMG is Inviting you to compete with technology entrepreneurs across Africa, and in 21 other countries in most major regions of the world. This is a great opportunity for all tech innovators. For eligibility and how to apply, see more information below,\.
KPMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator Competition 2022 for tech innovators in Africa.
The second annual KPMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator Competition will recognize Africa’s leading tech Innovators and future tech titans.
At KPMG Private Enterprise we understand the impact that technology trailblazers like you are having on the world. Whether yours is a pure technology company or you’re tech-enabled. tech-led or tech-driven. we want to hear from you.
Wherever you are in your business lifecycle – from early-stage growth to getting ready to accelerate your expansion – our aim is to help you achieve your ambition and take your business 10 the next level.
- The countries/regions participating in the 2022 competition include: Africa, Australia. Brazil. Canada. China. Colombia. Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Israel. India. Japan. Denmark. Mexico. Netherlands. Norway, Portugal. Qatar, Saudi Arabia. Spain. Taiwan. Turkey. the UK and the US.
- The KPMG Private Enterprise Global Tech Innovator competition showcases entrepreneurs across Industries who are lnnovating to become the tech leaders of tomorrow.
To be eligible for the competition, you must:
- Be a registered company in Africa where the African final is being held
- Have been actively operating for 5 years or less (in the current form)
- Generate revenue between US $1 million and $15 million; or have raised at least US $500,000 in equity
- Be either a pure technology or a tech-enabled, tech-driven or tech-led business
- Not be majority owned by a large corporate
- Conduct all pitches in English
- Be available to pitch at a country or regional semi-final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin (if applicable)
- Available to pitch virtually at a country or regional final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin
- If selected as a finalist, be available to pitch at the global final at Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal in November 2022
Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally-weighted criteria:
- Disruption and innovation
- Market potential
- Customer adoption
- Market traction and marketing
- Long-term potential
- Pitch quality
The decisions of the panel will be final.
Finalists will receive an unrivalled platform to profile your business
- Exposure: pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions. Winning companies will be featured in KPMG’s “Winners Report”, media profiles and at Web Summit 2022
- Recognition: profile your business throughout the competition, leveraging KPMG channels and both local and global media.
- Networking: connect with like-minded peers, key industry experts and influencers both locally and globally.
- May 5th, 2022 – Applications open
- May 31st, 2022 – Applications close
- August 2022 – Africa Final
- November 2022 – Global Final
For More Information:
Did you find this article helpful? Please subscribe to our website via email for more updates on opportunities. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on