JAMB OTP Problem and Solutions 2021: Correct steps on How to get JAMB OTP for change of institution or change of course form
This post promises to address all issues you are facing regarding generating and receiving your OTP from JAMB for changes in your JAMB Portal such as JAMB Change of Course or JAMB Change of Institution.
This is a complete guide on JAMB OTP Code. See full details below and follow the instructions contained in it.
What is JAMB OTP ?
JAMB OTP is a one time password JAMB sends to all candidates phones (mobile number) who wish to correct or change any information on their JAMB portal profile, such as Course of Study or Choice of Institution among others.
Can I do JAMB change of institution or change of course without OTP?
No, you can not do JAMB change of course or JAMB change of institution without your JAMB OTP. JAMB has made it compulsory that candidate must request for/get OTP sent to their JAMB registered phone number for change of course/change of institution to be done in any of the approved CBT center across Nigeria.
If you no longer have access to your JAMB registered phone number, you can use the step below to change the number.
How to change mobile number in JAMB portal
You can change your JAMB registered mobile number at JAMB offices. In a recent development, JAMB offices are now assisting JAMB candidates that lost their SIMs/Lines to change their JAMB phone numbers. All you need to do is visit the JAMB office close to you, tell them you want to change your phone number. They will help you do it instantly.
Does JAMB send OTP to email?
JAMB does not send OTP to email, the only way you can get JAMB OTP at the moment is via your registered JAMB mobile number. If you are having problems with your Sim or phone number, go to any JAMB office near you and they will help you rectify it eventually.
How to get JAMB OTP without stress
Follow this steps to get your JAMB OTP without issues
- Go to https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility
- Login to your Jamb portal with your email and password
- Click on Application for Correction of Data (2021 Downward) Or go to Services Registration (2021 only)
- In the box, type 2021(or the year) UTME Data Correction or Course/Institution
- Click on Make payment
- The OTP will be sent to you instantly
Or you can also send OTP to 55019 on your registered Phone number.
How to resend jamb OTP to your phone number
- Login to your JAMB efacility account with your username and password (as instructed above).
- Select your year of exam in the menu.
- Click on UTME Data Correction.
- Click on the choice of institution/course correction button.
- Then click on Resend OTP.
How to Resolve Invalid Email and Password on your JAMB Portal
If you are having issues login in to your JAMB portal, you can easily resolve the issue now. Click Here to change your JAMB portal login details (email or password)
Solutions to JAMB OTP Issues
Follow this process to resolve all issues as regards to receiving JAMB OTP:
- Check your JAMB Photocard to confirm the phone number you used in registering JAMB
- If you have lost the SIM Card, kindly retrieve the line so that you can receive the OTP or change the phone number as directed above.
- If you got the OTP message but you mistakenly deleted it, Click on resend OTP in your JAMB portal/dashboard
JAMB Cut-off Mark 2021/2022
Click here to see the complete JAMB cutoff mark for the 2021/2022 UTME
For more details on JAMB 2021/2022 and school admission updates and requirements, kindly subscribe to this website using your email. Subscription is free.
Join us and other admission seekers on our various social media platforms