IT Intern at the International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading nonprofit humanitarian relief and development organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to assist those whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control over their lives. The organization has been at the forefront of virtually every major humanitarian initiative for the last 80 years. At work today in over 40 countries and 29 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Title: IT Intern
Requisition ID: req27470
Location: Damaturu, Yobe, Nigeria
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop build, and printer support. Ensuring that computers peripherals such as scanners, printers, photocopiers, monitors, mouse, and others are configured and properly working for all field staff members.
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 10 support, Microsoft Office 2013 support, office 365 support, general laptop, desktop, and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting. Providing assistance to end-users for the configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support for all requests
- Hardware Inventory – This position will support imaging, distributing, and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software. Working in collaboration with the IT Officer/IT Team to ensure that end users’ computers are set up and configured with the IRC standard Operating system and applications versions (IRC image). Maintaining an up to date IT documentation reflecting current computers assets status and network configurations.
- Observe and uphold the IRC IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Snr IT Coordinator.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: IT Officer/Snr Manager.
- Position directly supervises: None
- Indirectly Reports: Senior IT Coordinator if applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer science and/or equivalent in relevant field
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical troubleshooting results to IT peers for seamless issue resolution
- Skills in desktop and laptop installation and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Applications suite installation and troubleshooting
- Good technical writing/documentation skills
- Good customer service skills
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff members in cross-cultural contexts.
- Good verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in the Country’s official language – English would be nice to have as an additional working language.
- Customer & client-centered and service-oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work under pressure and diligently carry out instructions.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Excellent English and other major Country languages communication skills including speaking, listening, and writing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to applyNote: Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!!!
If you found this article helpful in your application, please subscribe to our website via email for more job updates and opportunities. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on