Are you a young Professional? Are you from East Africa and looking for how to regulate your skills for the better? Then apply for the EUI Executive Training for Young East African Professionals.
European University Institute (EUI) Executive Training 2022 for young East African Professionals (Fully Funded to Kampala, Uganda)
The European University Institute’s School of Transnational Governance (STG) and Migration Policy Centre (MPC) join hands with the Uganda Council on Foreign Relations (UCFR) for an executive training on the cross-border governance of migration and mobility in Africa.
The interactive in-person training on the normative, institutional and financial frameworks for effective transnational governance of African migration and mobility takes place at the Fairway Hotel in Kampala (Uganda) on 20, 21, and 22 July 2022.
The Training will also provide an opportunity to examine recent regional and continental mega initiatives such as the African Continental Free Trade Agreement and will facilitate discussion around the transnational governance of mobility through the regulation of different political domains (border governance, development aid, education, human rights, humanitarian disasters, public security, public health, tourism, trade).
See-Boustany Foundation Cambridge University MBA Scholarship 2022/2023
By the end of this programme, the participants will learn how to:
- Combine different skills for the regulation of migration and mobility
- Understand the dynamics of bilateral, multilateral, and interregional initiatives between different political domains: border management, public security, public health, human rights, justice, humanitarian disasters, cross border trade, education, tourism, development aid
- Incorporate insights about dynamics of migration and migration governance into policy design and practice
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the competing objectives, potentials, and limitations of the transnational governance of migration and mobility
- Interactive sessions led by established practitioners and academics
- Mixing theoretical approaches and policy-oriented expertise
- Case-study approach, working on operational assignments
- Peer-learning setting with professionals with different backgrounds, roles, and levels of seniority
- The scholarships will be awarded to outstanding candidates from the Eastern African Region (Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda).
- Representatives of local and national public authorities with an interest in migration and mobility
- Professionals working in international organisations and NGOs in the field of migration and mobility
- Young researchers on migration, mobility, and transnational governance
- Consultants working on the management of human mobility
- Journalists and communication professionals who want to learn more about migration and mobility
- Individuals aiming to acquire public policy and research skills in the field of migration and mobility
Related-Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024
Ten scholarships will be funded by the School of Transnational Governance (EUI) on a merit basis. Scholarships will cover the fee (accommodation, course materials, meals) and travel costs. The scholarships will be awarded to outstanding candidates applying from the Eastern African Region (Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda) according to the following criteria:
- PhD students or early-career academics, early- or mid-career professionals (e.g. in politics, civil service, media and non-governmental organisations), able to demonstrate both professional experience and potential for future excellence in the policy sphere;
- Genuinely engaged individuals involved in policy issues related to mobility and migration either through registration on a PhD programme or through demonstration of substantial relevant career experience;
- Self-motivated, able to present a clear explanation of why and how the applicant will benefit from participation in the training;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Applicants may only submit one application, either for a full feepaying place or for a scholarship place. Scholarships are not intended for participants who can be funded by their own institutions.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the European University Institute (EUI) Executive Training 2022
Please subscribe to our website using your email for more SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on
Dangote Foundation-VDMA Technical Training Programme 2022
WARA/Mastercard Foundation Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships 2022
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2022/2023
Udacity/Microsoft Cloud & Data Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded)
University of Edinburgh Surgery Online Global Scholarships 2022/2023
DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Scholarships 2023/2024
University of Cape Town MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023
Leave a Comment