British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries. They are currently recruiting. Check full details of the job below.
British American Tobacco Recruitment 2019
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Job Number: 18862
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is looking to hire a Warehouse Assistant, to join their team in Ibadan, Nigeria.
The purpose of the role holder is to provide basic warehousing functions of receipts, storage and issuance of materials /goods and to avoid damage or wastages in the process.
The main challenge for this role lies in ensuring good knowledge of materials and finished goods so that he/she will be able to interpret material specification sheets and finished product code so that any mistake can be identified easily. The role owner is also expected to have a good knowledge of inventory management and possess the ability to work with a number of unskilled workforce to generated expected results.
- Maintenance of proper storage of all company stocks in the warehouse, effective receipts of stocks and dispatch to external/internal customers.
- Management of records in the warehouse in accordance with record management policy
- Ensure physical stock movement is posted in the system.
- Enforcement of compliance with BAT EHS/EMS guidelines in all warehouse activities
- Ensuring that accurate data are captured and sent out to avoid unplanned costs.
- Keeping all parties updated on issue that may affect production.
- Internal customers’ satisfaction.
- Ensure Self Development by improving own knowledge of the other roles in the department.
- Ensure development and implementation of Training & Development plans for self as agreed with his supervisor/manager.
- Provision of required information/data as required by the superiors.
- Minimize cost of warehousing through effective use of resources.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the warehouse at all times.
- Ensure that accurate daily stock reports are sent out to all stake holders on time.
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, SMD (second manufacturing department), QA (quality assurance) and engineering departments.
- Maintain good working relationship with our external suppliers.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the warehouse processes.
- A minimum of OND in any numerical or financial courses. In addition to this, a good knowledge of computer will be an advantage.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Sound Analytical skills and ability to work with figures.
- Ability to work under pressure and with less supervision.
- Computer literacy sufficient to be able to perform all physical transactions in the system and sending of daily reports.
- Experience in use of material handling equipment e.g. forklift.
- Experience in an FMCG handling large number of SKUs preferably with a manufacturing organization sufficient to demonstrate understanding of products.
How to apply for Warehouse Assistant Job at British American Tobacco
All interested and qualified persons can apply using the link provided below. Please ensure you have the required qualifications before applying.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We would keep updating on more local and international JOB opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you successfully apply for this job.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our