Shell Recruitment Vacancy- Recruitment For Senior Quality Engineer
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting suitable persons for the position of Senior Quality Engineer.
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Ref No: R60727
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Discipline Engineering
Worker Type: Regular
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- We’re seeking someone who’s an expert in quality assurance and quality control within the oil and gas sector.
- Here’s a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company.
Where you fit in:
- The Senior Quality Engineer role will report to the Engineering Lead SWO (Shallow Water Offshore). In this role, you will collaborate with all disciplines and support groups within the organization.
- You will also interface with project groups as necessary for internal audits, asset integrity, quality, and operation readiness functional groups.
- Moreover, you will deal with multiple stakeholders such as NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Contractors, QA/QC & Inspection Services Contractors.
What’s the Role?
- As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will provide expertise and advice on quality issues to the project teams, to guide and help develop and maintain the various Project Quality Management Systems. You will manage and direct QA/QC support to specific projects.
- Moreover, you will also network with Senior Management, Project Quality Leads, QA/QC Engineers, QC Inspectors, Materials Engineers, HSE Advisors, Project team members and contractor to ensure service requirements are met.
Your Further Accountabilities
- Manage the QA/QC & Inspection Services contract, deliver contract value, and become its Contract Holder.
- Manage quality assurance and control activities at the various SCiN (Shell Companies in Nigeria) projects and assets.
- Liaise with project teams and production assets to manage resource plan and manning levels for QC inspection personnel.
- Facilitate business performance review meetings with inspection service contractors to monitor performance, resolve issues like claims/variation requests, listen to complaints, pass information to contractors on new requirements etc.
- Co-ordinate continual improvements of the Quality Management System, ensuring that evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are reviewed and recorded in QIRMS.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure a consistent, robust and auditable approach to quality assurance and control.
- Facilitate review and renewal of pre-mobilization certificates for NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) contractors.
What We Need From You?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with at least 8 years of working experience in major oil and gas projects and preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Alongside this, we’d hope to see many of the following on your CV:
- Extensive experience in performing quality audits/assessment and project quality health checks.
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, displaying personal effectiveness.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply