Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 for Young Writers from Commonwealth Nations.
In 2022, on the occasion of her Platinum Jubilee year, Her Majesty The Queen will celebrate 70 years as Head of the Commonwealth. The Queen’s seven decades of service to the Commonwealth are an inspiring example of the steadfast commitment and important contribution we can all make to our societies. The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 will ask entrants to explore the positive impact that can be achieved through dedication and selfless commitment to our Commonwealth.
Senior category (Born between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2008 (14-18 years of age), maximum word count: 1500 words
- Imagine you are a Head of Government delivering a speech to your counterparts at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Rwanda. Write a speech that highlights what you believe should be a priority for collective action within the Commonwealth.
- Committed to the Commonwealth.
- Her Majesty The Queen was born in the twentieth century, a period that saw enormous social change driven by visionary and committed leaders. Reflect on an inspirational leader from this period.
- “Whilst experiences of the last year have been different across the Commonwealth, stirring examples of courage, commitment and selfless dedication to duty have been demonstrated in every Commonwealth nation and territory, notably by those working on the frontline who have been delivering healthcare and other public services in their communities.” – Her Majesty The Queen, Commonwealth Day Message 2021. Imagine you are working on the frontline. Write about your experience, explaining why you serve your community and why your service matters.
Junior category (Born on or after 1 July 2008 (under 14 years of age), maximum word count: 750 words
- Imagine you are a grandparent in 2022. Tell your grandchildren a bedtime story about an inspirational person.
- What are the best ways for young people to serve the Commonwealth in your view?
- Our Commonwealth community.
- Write a job description for a superhero needed to solve a problem in your community.
For More Info
Was this article helpful? Then subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on