MMEG 2023 Masters Scholarship for African Students – Apply Here. Applications are now open for the 2023 MMEG Masters Scholarship program for Africans. See how to apply below and the requirements.
The Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) provides grants to women from developing countries to help further their education and improve their lives.
The MMEG is one of the few organizations who provide financial assistance to women. In past years, grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US/Canada program, and US$7,000 in the Africa, Latin America and Trinity programs.
Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG)
Our organization draws inspiration from Margaret McNamara, and her vision of education and gender equality. Margaret used her influence as wife of Robert McNamara, the World Bank’s fifth President, to advocate for the recognition and inclusion of these critical elements of development programs. Before her death, she was awarded the highest civilian distinction in the United States, the Medal of Honor, in recognition of her important contributions.
Benefits of MMEG Masters Scholarship
- Grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US/Canada program, and US$7,000 in the Africa, Latin America and Trinity programs.
Requirements And Eligibility for MMEG Masters Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List
- Be Female
- Already be enrolled full-time or part-time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) at one of the universities on this list.
- Be enrolled for at least one academic semester (half year) following the award of the MMEG grant in December (the term between January and July 2023);
- Plan to graduate no later than three years following the award of the MMEG grant;
- Hold a study permit for South Africa if applying from an eligible country other than South Africa.
How to Apply
Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and select the “Africa program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.
Visit the MMEG website For More Details.
September 14, 2023