Masters Scholarships in South Africa offer a unique opportunity for students to further their education in a dynamic and multicultural environment.
With a wide range of subjects available and top-tier universities offering high-quality education, South Africa is an attractive destination for postgraduate studies.
These scholarships provide financial assistance to cover tuition, accommodation, and other related expenses, making it possible for more students to pursue their academic dreams.
Masters Scholarships in South Africa
If you are looking for Free Masters Scholarships in South Africa, there are many options available. These scholarships cover a wide range of disciplines and are offered by various institutions across the country.
From fully-funded to partial scholarships, there are opportunities for students from all backgrounds to pursue their postgraduate studies in South Africa. They include:
1. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships Program aims to foster exceptional leadership skills in Africa by offering both financial aid for postgraduate studies and a comprehensive leadership development program.
Scholars who receive the scholarship can pursue an accredited postgraduate degree program at a South African tertiary institution registered with the South African Council on Higher Education.
The scholarship, which is currently granted for up to two years, supports Honours or Masters degree studies.
Benefits of this Scholarship
The Scholarship will provide the following coverage for a Scholar:
Tuition and registration fees as determined by the institution
2. A study materials allowance set by the MRF
3. Accommodation and meal allowances set by the MRF
4. A medical aid allowance set by the MRF
5. Economy-class travel allowance for international scholars only from their home to their institution at the beginning and end of their degree program
6. Personal allowance.
April 21, 2023.
2. Wits-Edinburgh Doctoral Program
The objective of the WESAF doctoral programme is to offer research training that prepares students, particularly tenured academics, to undertake interdisciplinary doctoral research on sustainability-related topics in Africa.
The blended program is structured to enable students to complete an online master’s degree followed by an online doctorate.
Benefit of this Scholarship
1. MSc by Research fees.
2. The program provides participation in two in-person sustainability schools in Johannesburg with covered expenses such as visa applications for entry into South Africa, necessary vaccinations, accommodation and subsistence while in Johannesburg, as well as return flights and internal travel.
3. Laptops and connectivity where required
4. Reading material accessible through the University of Edinburgh online library. Other resources provided by course lecturers at no additional cost for courses or dissertation.
May 15, 2023.
3. ABSA Global Markets Graduate Program
Absa’s graduate program, previously known as the Rising Eagles Graduate Programme, has been renamed as the Gen A Grad Programme to reflect the evolution of the organization.
The name represents a new generation of high-achievers who are proudly African and at the top of their game, and who embody the qualities that Absa seeks in its employees.
Benefits of Graduate Program
1. Experience a structured development journey during your first year at Absa.
2. Enjoy permanent employment with a competitive package from day one.
3. Benefit from staff rates on vehicle and home finance, as well as reduced banking fees.
4. Turn your solutions from the Human Quantum Computer into tangible products.
5. Get support from a dedicated Young Talent Team.
6. Be part of initiatives that bring about positive change in Africa.
7. Join a strong support network of alumni.
8. Access a wide network of opportunities across Africa.
Read also: HEC Scholarships 2023 / 2024 – How to Apply