GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
General Electric Recruitment 2022/2023
GE is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer
Ref No: R3630366
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Description Summary
- All activities relating to enhancing services technology integrating customer data, or capturing engines/products reliability, availability, maintenance, safety and other performance parameters.
- Includes hourly, nonexempt and exempt employees as well as manager roles responsible solely for these activities.
- Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline.
- Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
- The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
- Payroll Support Registration
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution of the installed base, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
- Escalate issues as required, act as the liaison between the field, Product Support, Monitoring & Diagnostics, Performance, Repair and Applications within the engineering community to drive technical resolution, to help identify and drive corrective actions to minimize fleet risk and enhance fleet reliability
- Program management, root cause analysis activities for product technical issues. Interface with M&D, Product-Line, System and Design Engineering teams. Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the project or assigned to resolve technical issues.
- Prepare technical presentations for GE Leaders and our Gas Power customers to ensure proactive and timely communication of significant issues.
- Be actively engaged in outage planning/execution and support outage productivity improvements.
- Work closely with Monitoring and Diagnostic team to analyze plant operations, identify, and drive improvements to their asset performance.
SEE ALSO- Procurement Officer Recruitment at the British High Commission (BHC)
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in the Gas Power Energy Sector
- 5+ years of experience with Power Plant engineering, field service, customer support, or operations and maintenance preferably HDGT, Steam or Generator
- Able to lead Lean transformation
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English.
- Anticipates customer needs and ensures that they are met
- Measures processes and performance through customer’s eyes, be the customer voice and be ready to challenge status quo.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and proactively update stakeholders
- Encourages input from all members of the team.
- Displays good interpersonal skills – is accessible and approachable.
- Builds loyalty and commitment.
- Communicates messages clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form
- Self-directed with demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated history of meeting aggressive deadlines and holding others accountable to meeting commitments
- Able to quickly identify the critical few priorities and develop action plans
Relocation Assistance Provided:
How to Apply for Customer Support Engineer Recruitment at General Electric (GE)
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
We would keep updating on more local and international JOB opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you successfully apply for GE Recruitment.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our
Leave a Comment