AREF Research Development Fellowship for African Researchers 2024 – Apply. Applications are now invited for the AREF research Development fellowship program for Africans. Check below for how to apply and the requirements.
About Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF)
The Africa Research Excellence Fund aims to improve the quality and impact of health research in Africa by nurturing talented, emerging researchers to do the best health research in Africa, for Africa. We want to grow the community of African researchers who lead and partner excellent, collaborative health research that benefits patients, populations, policy makers and practitioners throughout the region and globally. You can be part of our vision and help us achieve it.
AREF Research Fellowship is designed to enable talented, early-career African researchers to develop their own research ideas and specialist skills, to grow their research relationships through collaboration and mentorship, and to work towards a major funding proposal. This year, funding will be made available for a “planned follow-through” in the awardee’s home institution.
The AREF Research Development Fellowship (RDF) Programme is being launched to support African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.
Benefits of AREF Research Development Fellowship
- A three to nine-month placement at a leading research institution in Europe or Africa, with additional support at your home institution before and after the placement, up to a maximum of £40,000.
Requirements for AREF Research Development Fellowship
Research active post-doctoral scientists and clinicians who are nationals of and employed in Sub-Saharan Africa who were awarded their doctorate after May 2014; and clinicians without a doctorate but who have a research-relevant Master’s degree and at least two and up to seven years active research experience.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a credible, ambitious vision for their research career in an area of human-health challenge for Africa; and a transformational, well-supported development plan that would be significantly enhanced by the RDF Programme. Potential applicants?are strongly encouraged to discuss their?plans at an early stage with their?employing and potential host organizations.
- Equality and diversity are core values of AREF and we encourage applications by scientists irrespective of gender, colour, race, or creed. We strongly welcome eligible applicants from francophone and lusophone countries as well as from anglophone countries.
How to Apply
What you need before starting your application:
- Read the Application Scheme Information.
- Thoroughly review the Guidance on Completing the Application Forms.
- AREF Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply:
- Online Application Form PART A
- Download the Application Form Parts B-F, to fill and upload on to the online application form.
- Download and complete the Application Form Part G – Signature Page, then submit on to the online application.
Successful Fellows are expected to start between July 2024 and no later than December 2024.
For more details,visit AREF website
September 14, 2023