Apply For Research Technician at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is now recruiting for the position of Research Technician, See how to apply below and the requirements.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food-secure future.
Applications are invited to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Technician
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-month renewable contract)
Contract: 6 months renewable
- Assist in the implementation of all post-harvest operations under the supervision of the post-harvest supervisors and line breeder.
- Assist in processing cassava roots into designated food products (mainly gari, starch and odorless fufu).
- Assist in the determination of the dry matter and starch content.
- Assist in receiving, sorting, and recording samples received from field trials.
- Assist in data collection on cassava roots.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
Applicants must possess the following:
- O’level with a minimum of two (2) years of experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Have data collection and sample sorting skills.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications with detailed cover letters and curriculum vitae with the names and addresses of three professional referees (including an e-mail address) and photocopies of credentials to:
The Recruitment Office,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
PMB 5320, Oyo Road,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
6th December 2022.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.