African Union (AU) Internship Program 2023/2024 – Apply Here. Applications are now open for the African Union Internship Program. Interested persons should see how to apply below and the requirements.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). The main objectives of the OAU were to rid the continent of the remaining vestiges of colonization and apartheid; to promote unity and solidarity amongst African States; to coordinate and intensify cooperation for development; to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Member States and to promote international cooperation.
African Union (AU) Internship Program 2023/2024
The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU. As an organization which promotes respect for diversity and team work, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
PURPOSE: The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills. It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in an intercultural environment. The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
Requirements for AU Internship Program Qualification
The Program is open to applicants who are:
- Nationals of the African Union’s Member States;
- Students enrolled in full-time undergraduate (in final year of study)/ postgraduate study or graduates from a recognized institution of learning;
- Fluent in one of the AU official working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese, Kishwahili);
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 32 at the time of application;
- Meet the requirements specified in the terms of reference.
Documents Required for Application
Candidates interested to apply for internship with the African Union Commission should kindly send the following document
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
June 30, 2023
How to Apply
Interested persons should CLICK HERE To Apply Successfully.
All internship applications MUST be submitted through the AU Careers portal at: https://careers.au.int
Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Visit the AU website For More Details.