AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2021 for young Africans to study in Japan. How to apply for the scholarship and closing date for applying.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is making this opportunity available to all interested and qualified persons.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program
The Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program is a capacity building project by the AfDB and Japan which was initiated in 2017 with the aim of providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in selected priority development areas on the continent and Japan.
Eligibility and Requirements for Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program
The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved Masters degree course at a Japanese partner university. Candidates should be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the energy area or related area; and have a superior academic record. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
RECOMMENDED- PwC Advisory Associate Graduate Programme 2021 Application Portal
Benefits of the Scholarship
- The scholarship program provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
- Upon completion of their studies, the beneficiary scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills, and contribute to the promotion of sustainable development of their countries.
The JADS Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
YOU CAN ALSO APPLY FOR – Moroccan Scholarships 2021/2022 for African Youth- UEMF
How to apply for JADS Scholarship Program 2021/2022
- Applicant requests for information and application forms and procedures from the chosen JADS partner university. For any inquiries, please contact JADS@AFDB.ORG(link sends e-mail)
- Applicant completes required documents and sends them to the university.
- University evaluates and selects applicants.
- University sends selected candidates to the AfDB.
- AfDB reviews submissions from universities, prepares and approves the final list.
- AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs the universities.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2021
Closing Date for AfDB JADS Scholarship Program 2021/2022 for Africans
Deadline for submission is 31st of August, 2021.
Check out full list of available scholarships for Nigerians
We would keep updating on more local and international scholarships, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for the AfDB JADS Scholarships for Africans.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more SCHOLARSHIP TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on Facebook Click Here and Twitter Click Here