World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Community Platform Regional Office Internship – Apply Here. The world MEterological Organization is now inviting applications for the community platform regional office Internship. See the application procedures below and the requirements.
The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. It is the UN system’s authoritative voice on the state and behavior of the Earth’s atmosphere, its interaction with the oceans, the climate it produces and the resulting distribution of water resources. WMO has a membership of 191 Member States and Territories (on 1 January 2013). It originated from the International Meteorological Organization (IMO), which was founded in 1873.
We invite Applications for:
Title: WMO Community Platform Regional Office Internship
Nature of Appointment: Internship, 6 months with possibility of extension
Commencement of Duty: 15th of May 2023
WMO Community Platform Regional Office Internship:
- The WMO Community Platform is a collection of tools and technologies developed to collect, store and display WMO Member information including data on WMO Members.
- The incumbent will assist with work such as facilitating data collection activities in the region and supporting the verification of Member Profiles, including data collection, data processing and data analysis.
- WMO Office in the Region for North, Central and West Africa (NCWA)
- Member Services and Development Department (MSD)
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will carry out the following responsibilities under the supervisor’s overall guidance and supervision at the Regional Office:
- Assist Members and the WMO Office in the Region for North, Central and West Africa, using the Community Platform.
- Facilitate and/or dispatch data collection in the regional operations to support the implementation of Member Profiles, including data collection methodology, data processing and data analysis.
- Conduct data collection audits to ensure that no unnecessary data is reflected and that all necessary information is captured.
- Assist in implementing standardized information management policies, data systems and products across Regional and Representative Offices.
- Convert, import, and export data from systems as required.
- Ensure consistency and coherence across countries in the region of the information contained in the Member Profiles, including assisting the Representative Office staff in identifying, collecting, and providing relevant data to the WMO community platform.
- Identify new information and data requirements to support regional operations and complete the Member Profiles.
- Perform additional tasks commensurate with the role of an intern in WMO as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent University Degree from a recognized university or technical institute in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Having completed or being enrolled in the last year in a similar master’s Programme of a recognized University would be an asset.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of relevant software such as Dynamics 365, Drupal, and Power BI
- Information management skills
- Knowledge of ArcGIS would be an asset.
- Previous work with CRM and CMS systems would be an asset.
- Data analysis skills
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, functions, etc.)
- Sense of responsibility, detail-oriented, initiative, ability to work in a team.
- Some knowledge of the activities of WMO or other United Nations agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
15th April 2023.
- WMO is committed to achieving diversity and a balanced workforce. Applications are welcome from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities.
- Only applicants in whom WMO has a further interest will be contacted.