The United States of America Department of State (Diplomacy in Action) located in Nigeria, is calling on all interested and qualified persons to apply for the vacancy as advertised in this post. This job opening attracts a salary of NGN ₦4,675,429 (USD $32,378) carefully read through this post and apply properly.
Details of the US Department of States Job
Job Title- Gardener Supervisor (FAC Janitor/Gardener Supervisor)
Job Location- Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type- Permanent
Basic Function of the Position
The incumbent supervises work and performance of a workforce of 7 gardeners and 22 janitors in cleaning and maintaining the U.S. Embassy Compound. S/he prioritizes and assigns work, gives instructions and provides training to janitors and gardeners to ensure that all tasks are completed satisfactorily. The incumbent reports directly to the Senior Electrical Engineer.
Qualifications, Requirements and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years’ experience in both janitorial and landscaping/gardening services, which includes two (2) years of supervisory experience is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be familiar with the theories and practices of landscaping and janitorial services. Must be familiar with how to organize and plan the tasks of a multi-talented work force.
- Education Requirements:
Completion of Secondary School or high school diploma
- Evaluations:This may be tested
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to use web-based systems for work orders and requests, keyboard and numerical skills are required. Must be capable of training or instructing subordinates and supervise work independently. Must be able to perform heavy physical work, as well as ability to safely use all gardening and janitorial tools, equipment and supplies are required. Must be able to read, understand, adhere to and ensure compliance with product and equipment instructions, follow established standard work procedures, safety and health policies and procedures. Must have a valid Nigeria driver’s license.
How to Apply for the US department of State Job
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificate
- Driver’s License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Closing Date for Application
17th of April, 2019
We would keep updating on more local and international job opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you successfully apply for this job
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our