University of Pretoria Master’s degree (LLM/MPhil) in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa (SRRA) Scholarship 2023 – Apply. The University of Pretoria is now inviting applications for the Masters Degree Scholarship in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa Scholarship. Apply Below.
The University of Pretoria (UP) was established in 1908 with just four professors and 32 students, in a little house called Kya Rosa. Today, it is one of the largest research universities in South Africa. UP has transformed into a dynamic university community of staff and students who come from a range of diverse backgrounds and cultures showcasing South African and global societies. The University was born from a vision to create a space for quality education and for new ideas to flourish.
The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa, is calling for applications for the Master’s degree (LLM/MPhil) in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa (SRRA) for the Class of 2024.
The programme is open to individuals from diverse professional backgrounds including lawyers, advocates, researchers, social activists and educators. This two-year programme is offered as a blended learning course comprising of online interaction and residential block-weeks in Pretoria. Two contact sessions each lasting one week will be scheduled every year (four contact sessions over a period of two years).
See also – PCNS Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program – 2023/2024
Benefits of LLM/MPhil in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa (SRRA)
The LLM/MPhil (Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa) has short-term as well as long-term goals. In the short term, it aims to secure the following goals:
- To equip the learner with knowledge and understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights from domestic, regional and global international perspectives
- To equip the learner with research skills in sexual and reproductive health and rights
- To equip the learner with advocacy skills for promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights
- To equip the learner with practical skills for securing the realization of sexual and reproductive health and rights
The goals of the Master’s programme go beyond the mere enrichment of the learner. In the long-term, the LLM/MPhil Programme should yield to individuals, and communities in the African region and beyond, tangible social benefits, including:
- Grooming of leaders with a capacity to influence the social transformation of societies
- Raising of public awareness about sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Increasing the public understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Enhancing the capacity of groups, networks or organisations that promote sexual and reproductive health and rights and related rights, including the rights of women and sexual minorities
- Advancing the reproductive and sexual health and rights of individuals and communities
- Combating discrimination and stigma surrounding sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Influencing interventions in sexual and reproductive health and rights national and regional levels
- Influencing policy-making in sexual and reproductive health and rights at the national and regional levels
- A limited number of up to 15 students are selected per year. Students who do not receive scholarships may receive admission as self-funding funding students.
Requirements for LLM/MPhil in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa (SRRA)
- The LLM degree is open to individuals with an LLB degree or equivalent.
- The MPhil degree is open to non-lawyers with at least an honours degree in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa.
- Foreign qualifications are subject to South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) requirements.
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest.
How to Apply
Interested persons should CLICK HERE to apply
For more details, visit University of Pretoria website
July 31, 2023
Recommended – Government Of Malaysia International Scholarships 2023/2024