The U.S. Embassy Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) launched the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs(AWE), an initiative supporting women entrepreneurs around the world.
About Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE)
The Academy, in support of the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative(W-GDP), will equip women with the practical skills needed to create sustainable businesses and enterprises. AWE is committed to providing women with the knowledge, tools, and networks that they need to turn their ideas into a successful business. Through facilitated online learning, women in Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, as well as Papua New Guinea and Spain will further their business skills, network with mentors, and see their ideas into reality.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! America Visa Lottery 2022/2023 | U.S Electronic Diversity Visa Program – dvprogram.state.gov
What you gain from the program
- Acquiring new business knowledge and skills from the facilitated Dreambuilder program
- Learning from your peers(other entrepreneurs) and a curated list of speakers and SHONA Experts
- Understanding the fundamentals of developing and scaling a business.
- Exposure to US models for business development
- Access to funding from the United States African Development Foundation(USADF) – details to be confirmed
- Access to funding from the SHONA Loan Facility, investing 12-month uncollateralized loans of between USD 1,000 (Ugx. 3.5 million) – USD 10,000 (Ugx. 35 million)
- Joining the US Embassy Network including: alumni of US government exchange programs, other AWE alumni, local American business experts, business experts from the Ugandan branches of American companies and others.
- Access to markets
- Access to additional Business Development Support services, including SHONA’s programs
YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO MISS THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITIES- See Complete List of FGN Loans and Grants 2021/2022 and how to Apply
- Payroll Support Registration
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Description of target Women Entrepreneurs
- Based in Kampala, Kabarole, Mbale, Lira and surrounding districts
- Are aged 25 – 40 years
- Have 1 – 5 years of business experience
- Own or manage a business that is for profit and legally registered either with Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) and/or local authorities.
- Have the potential to expand and grow your business with our support
- Are fluent in English
- Are computer literate and have reliable access to an internet-connected computer or smartphone
Description of target businesses
- Kampala district: Operating in the Creative Sector including but not limited to: Advertising & Marketing; Architecture; Art & Crafts; Design: Product, graphic & fashion design; Film, TV productions, TV, Video, Radio & Photography; Publishing; Music, Performing & Visual arts; Galleries; IT, Software & Computer services, for Kampala district.
- Kabarole, Mbale & Lira districts: Operating in the technology sector or whose businesses utilize technology for a significant aspect of their work, including digital sales, marketing, payments or in their operations
What you should be interested in
- Business training to acquire new business knowledge and skills
- Access to capital
- Access to markets
- Growing their networks
- Growing their business
- A certificate of accomplishment
How to Apply for Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Program 2021
Closing Date for Application- 17th of December, 2021
We would keep updating on more Recruitment opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) 2021/2022.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.