Schneider Electric Recruitment- Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure, and Industries.
Graduate Application Engineer at Schneider Electric 2022/2023
Schneider Electric is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Application Engineer
Requisition ID: 007ZD9
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Customer Projects & Services
- An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Engineering Division for a Graduate Application Engineer to report to the Engineering Manager.
- He/she will be responsible for providing application, configuration and system engineering during the design, build, and test phase of automated control system projects.
- All aspects of application engineering, including training and working to delivery of:
- System specification, design, implementation, and configuration for Schneider Electric product and 3rd party supply.
- Define the system network, calculate processor, memory loading and other engineering calculations.
- Design field loop circuits and specify hardware components.
- Ensure technical compliance to customers’ specifications relating to assigned areas of work.
- To be aware of the development of existing and new Schneider Electric hardware and software products.
- System testing and conducting Client witness testing, 3rd Party equipment acceptance testing.
- Selection and integration of Schneider Electric and third-party purchased equipment.
- Define and configure sequential, continuous and ladder logic from client P&IDs and technical descriptions.
- Prepare electronic and mechanical designs to protect and power automation systems.
- Ensure technical information is communicated to all relevant parties as appropriate. Attend and document meetings as appropriate.
- Provide support functions not directly related to the execution of sales order projects:
- Provide technical support to sales staff, including pre-order discussions with prospective clients.
- Provide technical support to Customer Services, including support to Field Service and Customer Training.
- Provide technical support to the Proposal department.
- Site visits (home & abroad) for meetings, surveys, installation and commissioning activities.
- Assist when necessary in the development or upgrading of internal engineering/department procedures.
- To comply with Health and Safety guidelines and work in accordance with Company/Department Quality procedures.
- Ensure that the correct project procedures are followed and that QA requirements are fully satisfied in assigned work areas.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required.
- MUST have an HND or equivalent level in an Engineering discipline – preferably Electronic, Electrical, Control or Software.
- Good command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- Industry experience gained through gap / year-in-industry or intern.
- Experience/knowledge of automated control systems.
- Knowledge of software design methods and systems design and software languages at high and medium levels.
- Knowledge of electrical circuit design and basics of electrical design theory.
- Knowledge of project management and planning techniques.
- Candidates with BEng Degree in Electronic/Control Engineering will have a distinct advantage.
- Ability to problem solve and think adaptively and able to react to changing requirements.
- Experience the team working, possessing the necessary communication skills to influence and get results.
- Awareness of automation control systems technologies.
- Computer literate.
- Position requires a reliable, self-motivated, articulate individual.
- Able to communicate internally and externally with the potential to develop into a well rounded project team player.
- Career-focused, displaying ownership and being prepared to accept challenges and responsibility.
- Capable of logical and original thought with the ability to react appropriately under stress and delegate effectively.
- Flexible approach to work/life balance and prepared to travel and work remotely.
- Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company.
- Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organizational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.
How to Apply for Schneider Electric Graduate Job
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
We hope this article helped you successfully apply for this job.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our