Nestoil Limited Recruitment For Petroleum Engineer – Apply Here. Nestoil Limited is Recruiting to fill the position of Petroleum Engineer at the firm. Check below for application procedures and requirements.
Nestoil is Nigeria’s largest indigenous Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) Company in the Oil and Gas sector and has been a significant contributor to local content in the industry since its inception about 30 years ago. With about 2,000 direct employees, Nestoil continues to redefine industry standards in Pipeline Construction, Repairs and Maintenance with associated facilities for Dredging, River Crossing and Shoreline Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Petroleum Engineer
- At Nestoil, we’re on an evolutionary journey where we’re changing our story. We are looking to hire an experienced Petroleum Engineer to join our diverse team in Neconde Energy Limited.
- In this role, you will work with other job functions in the Asset Development, Engineering & Major Capital Projects, Gas Asset, Operations, and other units to maximize the value of Neconde Energy Limited’s oil reserves and resources.
- Activities include performance monitoring, accurate reserves assessments, reservoir and well modeling, production forecasting, identification of good intervention and drilling opportunities, development planning and economic evaluation.
Roles / Responsibilities
As a Petroleum Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working with earth scientists to carry out an annual review of oil and associated gas reserves to ensure estimates are reliable.
- Making annual updates to producing reservoirs.
- While working closely with other disciplines, carry out petroleum engineering aspects of oil developments. This includes:
- Nodal analysis to estimate well production potentials.
- Material balance modeling to match historical reservoir performance and to forecast future performance.
- Reservoir simulation modeling to match historical reservoir performance and to forecast future performance.
- Reservoir fluid Pressure-Volume-Temperature (PVT) modeling.
- Surface facility modeling.
- Working closely with geologists, modelers, and Petro physicists to understand geologic uncertainties and ensure they are incorporated in reservoir models.
- Selecting appropriate ranges of key uncertainties to achieve high confidence uncertainty ranges in forecast reservoir performance.
- Optimizing the number and type of wells and completion types.
- Interfacing with facility and drilling engineers to evaluate the alternative facility and well configurations.
- Interfacing with economic analysts to estimate investment outcomes of alternative development scenarios.
- The use of economic models provided to estimate economic outcomes.
- Meeting with officials of NUPRC as required to obtain well intervention, well drilling and project approvals. Providing information and clarity on projects, or any other issues that may arise.
- Meeting with officials of Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) as required to reach alignment on projects, providing information and clarity on projects, or any other issues that may arise.
- Participating in the computation of flare numbers to ensure that they are accurate. Recommend the installation of meters where required.
- Working with economic analysts to rank well drilling opportunities to ensure that the most profitable opportunities are drilled earliest when practical.
- Working with petroleum engineers working on gas assets to coordinate the development of oil rims and gas caps in reservoirs with thin oil rims and large gas caps.
- Visiting field locations to become familiar with oil production and gas processing assets, and for other reasons related to responsibilities.
- Participating in formulating conceptual development plans of exploration opportunities, estimating the corresponding investment and production potential, and the resulting economic value.
- Preparing and updating Field Development Plans and participating in securing Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) approval.
Requirements For The Job
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering.
- Familiarity with well and reservoir modeling software (e.g. Prosper, MBAL, GAP, PVTP, Petrel etc.)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized with the ability to perform amidst competing tight deadlines
- Relevant professional membership (e.g., Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of subsurface oil and gas industry experience.
- Familiarity with petroleum engineering principles (e.g., nodal analysis, etc.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
9th February 2023.