Lafarge Africa Plc Recruitment for Technical Services Engineer. LaFarge Africa is now inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Technical Services Engineer. See how to apply below and the requirements.
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). It serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Services Engineer
Requisition ID: 1054
Location: Opebi, Lagos
See also – CWAY Nigeria Recruitment For Production Line Supervisor – Apply
- Responsible for account management of New customers – Key Construction site and Real Estates within the Region, as well as finding new prospects and establishing new businesses.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Meeting your monthly sales targets so that Contract can be extended: Maintaining new and existing customers and seeking out new accounts, demonstrating the range of mortar products and maintaining customer relationships.
- Reporting regularly and attending the periodic (weekly, monthly) meetings. Planning visits, prioritising and making prospect appointments. Closing deals with prospects.
- Conducting site visits with customers which include discovery and training on mortar products. Daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Conducts on-site visits to provide hands-on assistance and advice to customers on mortar.
- Carries out pre and post sales customer engagement applications and services & engages professionals, contractors, specifiers/influencers on new developments and applications.
- Attending trade shows, seminars and similar relevant events.
- Conducts marketing campaigns and promotion by engagement of contractors, artisans, etc., through group & individual meetings.
Product Range & Quality:
- Identify new product opportunities from market/site visits and share information with Technical/Product Development and Manufacturing in developing new range of mortars to ensure our products meet customer expectations
- Customer Quality/ Application Complaints: Ownership of closing customer complaints.
- Work internally to resolve corrective actions in cooperation with Manufacturing/ Customer Services/ other.
List of direct reports:
- NIL / Canvassers
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Internal stakeholders: Internal stakeholders: Colleagues in Cement Marketing, Sales, Industrial and ‘Aggregate & Concrete’ and other functions (finance, logistics, etc.). Group Growth & Innovation team.
- External Stakeholders: Policy makers in Government (e.g. Ministries of Works, Housing, Energy, Finance, Industry, etc.) Regulatory bodies, Academic/ Research & other autonomous institutions. Specifiers, Consultants, contractors and end users.
Knowledge & Skills
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of mortar material properties & their application.
- Knowledge of local and international building standards/specifications.
- Ability to communicate and simplify technical literature.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with external stakeholders.
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively internally & externally.
- Positive attitude with an appetite for change and innovation.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Results driven.
- The job could involve traveling across/transfer to various parts of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Recommended – Pan Ocean Oil Corporation Recruitment For HR Business Partner