The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
Opening for the position of Syndication Officer at OPEC Fund for International Development
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Syndication Officer
- The Syndication Officer is responsible for providing syndications and co-financing services for the private sector & trade finance lending activities of the OPEC Fund, provides support to and manages syndications and co-financing transactions and OPEC Fund’s relationships with syndication / co-financing partners, in accordance with the departmental strategy, in order to ensure a sustainable pipeline of syndication and co-financing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads syndicated loan transactions associated with the private sector & trade finance lending activities of the OPEC Fund.
- Contributes to the delivery of the annual syndication targets for OPEC Fund.
- Contributes to the development of internal operational processes and procedures for the syndication and co-financing of loans.
- Support management in developing a network of syndication/co-financing/market participants.
- Prepares pitch books and market updates for clients, information memoranda for lead/co-lead transactions, and slides for partner meetings/roadshows as needed.
- Supports the preparation of marketing strategy for coverage areas (infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Manufacturing & Services)
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Expands syndications and co-financiers base among development finance institutions and commercial banks.
- Negotiates credit documents with syndicate/co-financing institutions in liaison with relevant internal departments (Business Development Unit, Portfolio Management Unit, Legal Department
Qualifications and Experience for the position of Syndication officer at OPEC Funds for International development
- Master’s Degree in Accounting / Commerce / Finance / Economics / or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant credit and origination experience, including at least 3 years of direct underwriting and or syndication experience gained in a major development Finance institution or an international commercial/investment bank.
- In addition, preferably 1-2 years at an international development finance institution
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of Arabic, French, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as online database management.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
How to Apply the position of Syndication officer at OPEC Funds for International development
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply
We would keep updating on more local and international job opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB listings. Subscription is free.