International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Recruitment for Research Supervisor. The International INsitutute of Tropical Agriculture is now recruiting for the position of Research Supervisor. See how to apply below and the requirements.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food-secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Supervisor
Job Ref.: IITA-HR-NRS2023-013
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Read also – NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme 2023
- Participate in designing, planning and managing agronomy experiments in the screen house and on-station field for seed yam production using minisetts, mini-tubers, and vine cuttings.
- Participate in the design, planning and management of demonstration trials on certified seed yam production in collaboration with PROSSIVAYam Partners in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Provide technical backstopping to certified seed entrepreneurs, ware yam farmers, extension workers and Community Research Technicians on implementing demonstration trials for demand creation.
- Participate in monitoring the activities of PROSSIVA-associated private seed companies and certified seed entrepreneurs working with IITA PROSSIVA team members.
- Supervise the activities of daily rated labor on-station.
- Report monthly on the progress of planned activities.
- Collect and maintain data on certified seed yam production activities including seed preparation, planting, scoring for diseases and pests, application of agronomic measures, labeling, harvesting, sorting, treating, storage, etc.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements And Qualifications
- B.Sc / HND in Crop Science / Soil Science, Seed Science, Botany or any other related field with a minimum of two (2) years of experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment with a valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience in conducting agricultural research experiments.
- Be experienced in recording, handling, and processing data from research experiments and report writing.
- Have the ability to work independently and use of any of SPSS, R, SAS or related statistical tools.
- Experience of using digital tools for data entry and knowledge of yam agronomy
- Have experience in working with partners in research and extension, as well as farmers.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and some experience of using statistical software.
- Have good interpersonal relationships, good documentation abilities, organizational skills and strong communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salaries, equally attractive benefits, excellent working conditions, and a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
4th April 2023.
See also – Standard Bank Investment Banking Graduate Trainee Program 2023
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.