HiiL’s Justice Entrepreneurship School Incubation Programme 2022 for early-stage East African Entrepreneurs is currently calling for applicants to aply for their forth coming programme. See more information below.
HiiL’s Justice Entrepreneurship School Incubation Programme 2022 for early-stage East African Entrepreneurs
The Justice Entrepreneurship School is HiiL’s flagship incubation programme in Kenya, Rwanda and Somalia that supports early-stage entrepreneurs that are preventing or resolving pressing justice needs in their communities. The programme is catered to startups in the incubation stage, where there is a Minimal Viable Product or Service, but no traction and runs for a period of 6 weeks. Focused on delivering high-quality action learning, the programme focuses on business modelling, storytelling, pitching and justice design thinking.
During the incubation programme, the startups will work on getting their product into the hands of users as fast as possible, aggressively and consistently obtain their feedback, and refine the MVP accordingly. This includes getting enough users and running tests on them.
The programme is suitable for Startups that:
- Have a solution that meets the needs of those with unmet justice needs who struggle to access effective, easy-to-understand, affordable, and accessible means to prevent or resolve their justice problems and a basic product or service, that is, an existing prototype or minimal viable problem.
- Have no traction, that is, the product is still not in the hand of users, or it’s only in hands of a small number of early adopter users, where we still do not see enough evidence that this product or business can work.
- Led by a team of 2 or 3 committed and passionate co-founders who shares a drive for justice and impact.
The Justice Entrepreneurship School offers a six-week-long programme that provides justice startups with:
- A one-week residential boot camp delivered by industry specialists: business growth, team & leadership, design thinking, and much more.
- Coaching sessions and mentorship on topics of your choice.
- Access to HiiL’s regional network of justice leaders, legal tech organisations, and top-level researchers.
- Certification and a learning platform for self-service.
- Chance to win up to €1000 at the end of the programme during the Justice Innovation Circle demo day.
Justice Entrepreneurship School:
- Call for Applications: May 23rd – 30th June 2022
- Selection: 4th July – 22nd July 2022
- Bootcamp: 25th July – 29th July 2022
- Innovator Support: 1st Aug – 2nd Sept 2022
- Justice Innovation Circle: 8th September 2022
For More Information:
Was this article helpful? Then subscribe to our website via email for more scholarships updates and general updates and opportunities. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on