Guinness Nigeria Recruitment For Mechanical Technician – Apply. Guinness Nigeria plc is now recruiting to fill the position of Mechanical Technician. Check below for application procedures and requirements.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on-trade-dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Job ID: JR1080141
Location: Benin, Edo
Job Type: Full time
- The Mechanical Technicians is responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives in their department and for their own training and development.
- They will report directly to the Site Electrical Services Manager.
Roles And Responsibilities
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties on time.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances on time to keep the process on track. Apply, record & share learning to prevent re-occurrence
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PPMS/EISC to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and communicate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
- Focus on Planned and Corrective maintenance. Deliver the best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and efficiency of operation through the execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Lead spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- OND / Trade test certification or any nationally recognized technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team-based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- 3 years experience/competence in High Voltage operations, Generator maintenance, motor controls and lightning maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Validated skills and experience in Pump and valve maintenance, Bottling principles and processes, and ability to read and interpret P& ID, mechanical drawings
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply