Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) 2023/2024- Generation Google EMEA Scholarships 2023/2024 for women in computer science & gaming (7,000 EURO award) – The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science was established to help students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2023-2024 academic year. The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance.
Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) 2023/2024
The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage women interested in computer science to apply. Past recipients of the following scholarships: Generation Google Scholarship, Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming, Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science in Ireland, Generation Google Scholarship: for supply chain and fulfillment, Google Lime Scholarship, Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming, Google Europe Students with Disabilities Scholarship, or Venkat Panchapakesan Scholarships India are not eligible to reapply.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Google Africa Developer Scholarship Mentorship Programme 2022
Benefits of Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA)
- Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Eligibility for Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA)
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university or college for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
SEE ALSO: UN Global Compact SDG Pioneers Programme 2023/2024
Application process for Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA)
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current institution
- Responses to short answer essay questions
The two short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your problem solving skills and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Each response to the two questions below should be 500 words or less.
- Tell me about a time when you faced a complex problem without a clear path to a solution. Describe the steps you took to get to the solution in detail. What resources and solutions did you consider? What did you learn from this experience? Keep in mind that this can be a problem you have faced at school, work, extracurricular activities or home.
- From your personal experience, describe a barrier that prevents equitable access to the field of technology. What do you believe is the root cause? What actions have you taken to address this inequity and what actions do you plan to take? Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken. Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- PDF copy of your resume (if applicable, please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume)
- PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
Application deadline: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 6:59 AM GMT or when 3,000 eligible application responses are received.
For More Information: Visit the Official Website of the Generation Google EMEA Scholarships 2023/2024