Egbin Power Plc is one of the major contriburtors to the electricity industry in Nigeria. The company is located in Lagos and is often seen as the biggest single generating power station in sub-saharan Africa.
The company was created to meet the increasing demand of electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Egbin power plc aims at deploying a minimum of 5,000 Mega Watts (MW) of electricity generation over the next five (5) years.
Details of the Job
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Business Application Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses user needs to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities in order to take advantage of available tools.
- Assists with the preparation of budget for IT systems and services related interfaces and applications
- Develops relevant metrics, measures and publishes the performance of the services provided and enables continuous improvement activities in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Ensure department adheres to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Focal point for communicating related system problems within the organization and collaborates with other teams and vendors on changes, fixes, and updates.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration in the Power industry.
- Maintains a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives
- Manages the release process for applications which includes effective department wide and end user communication
- Provide oversight and management on all Business Applications
- Provides ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of applications.
- Works closely with all other departments in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of business application support and development.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Database, Linux/Unix systems, scripting, and basic network configurations and maintain technical data reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the inter-dependencies of functional departments and groups and the ability to lead large-scale complex IT projects in addressing overall business needs
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and change oriented
- Ability to handle confrontation with appropriate grace, professionalism, cordiality, and firmness, and manage/resolve disputes appropriately
- Knowledge of new technologies and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
- Four or more years of professional experience in planning and managing IT programs including budgeting, resource management, and delivery development.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates can apply using the link Application Form Here
We would keep updating on more job opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for the Egbin Power Ltd Job.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
Also like our Facebook Click Here
Follow us on Twitter Click Here