The Department for International Development (DFID) in UK is now accepting applications from candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for the 2020 Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships.
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Eligibility and Qualification
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Eligible Commonwealth countries for Scholarship
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
How to apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2020
You must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
- National nominating agencies – this is the main route of application
- Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies
Closing Date for Commonwealth Scholarship Application 2020
The deadline for submission of applications is 30th October, 2019. Follow the instructions provided above to apply.
We would keep updating on more local and international scholarships, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for the Nigerian AGIP Post Graduate Scholarship.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more SCHOLARSHIP TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.