CICOPS Scholarship Program for Developing Countries 2023/2024. Applications are now open for the CICOPS Scholarship program. Interested persons should check below for how to apply and the requirements.
CICOPS was established in 1984 to promote cooperation with developing countries and stimulate relations between the University of Pavia and universities in these countries. CICOPS is committed to human and institutional development in developing countries. This aim is achieved by offering young people the chance to grow and contribute to the development of their countries. After thirty-five years of experience in the fields of cooperation and development, it is clear to us that joint study and research projects help both developed and developing Countries.
In order to promote international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries (as classified by the World Bank in low, lower middle and upper middle-income economies) the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) are offering 5 scholarships to visiting scholars for the year 2024 for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia.
Benefits of CICOPS Scholarship Program
- The scholarship includes travel, meals and accommodation expenses, health insurance policy and a contribution of 150 Euro (gross) per week.
Requirements for CICOPS Scholarship Program
- Applicants must have at least two years of either teaching experience or activity within international organizations and institutions.
- Scholarships are designed for both junior and senior members of Universities in Developing Countries or members of major research centres and international organizations or institution with specific interest in the field of development studies.
- CICOPS scholarships are reserved for research collaboration in the short term in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries. Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply.
Documents Required for Application
The following documents should be uploaded to the online form:
- Curriculum vitae ideally in European format with a list of publications (file to be named: Surname_Name_CV)
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom you intend to collaborate (file to be named: Surname_Name_Letter)
The uploaded documents should be named as mentioned above. Applications without a correctly named curriculum vitae and invitation letter will not be taken into consideration. Only fill in your application form once you have received the letter of acceptance by your contact Professor at the University of Pavia. Incomplete applications will be rejected; no exceptions will be made.
How to Apply
Interested persons should CLICK HERE to apply.
May 31, 2023