Apply For Chief Lecturer at the Federal Polytechnic of Oil & Gas, Bonny. The Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas is now recruiting to fill the position of Chief Lecturer at the institution. See how to apply below and the requirements.
The Federal Polytechnic of Oil & Gas, Bonny is a federally funded, run, and managed polytechnic by the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The institution is located in Rivers State, South-South, Nigeria. The Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas aims to be recognized as a top institution in creating skilled manpower for the Oil and gas industry in Nigeria & Africa at Large.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Lecturer
Check also – Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University Recruitment For Bursar – Apply
Qualifications & Experience
The qualified candidate for the position should:
- Be a holder of a Doctorate Degree in the relevant field(s) from a recognized institution with at least 12 years of teaching / applied research / industrial work experience
- A holder of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field plus at least post-qualification cognate experience.
- The candidate should have five papers read at national/international, conference/seminar
- Four additional papers/articles published in a reputable journal
- Five meaningful chapter contributions in the standard textbook(s) or two standard textbooks
- Registration with relevant Professional body
- Evidence of community service.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- Officers appointed on probation will be required to serve for two (2) years before being confirmed in the service.
- This period may however be reduced to not less than six months by deduction of any previous period of Civil Service rendered satisfactorily in posts of cognate status involving similar duties
- Within his/her probationary period, an officer is required to pass the pre-scribed examination appropriate to his or her appointment.
- To be eligible for confirmation in the permanent Establishment, an officer appointed on probation is required to pass the prescribed examination, if any, during his/her probationary period and to complete his probationary period to the satisfaction of the authority empowered to appoint him.
- At the end of the period of probation, the officer will, unless his probationary appointment is terminated or extended, be confirmed in his appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit typed written copies of their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae and attach photocopies of all relevant documents to their Application (Twenty Copies), giving the details in the following order:
- Full names(surname first and underlined)
- Date and place of birth State of Origin And Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children.
- Current postal address including telephone number and email
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Previous employer(s)and post(s) held with date
- Present employment to include status, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Names and addresses of three(3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential Reports directly to the “Registrar, Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny”. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and Managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Chief Lecturer” on the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas,
Abalamabie Road, Bonny Island,
Note: Applicants will be required to produce Originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for an interview as photocopies will not be accepted.
Recommended – Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University Recruitment For Bursar – Apply
24th January 2023.
Leave a Comment