African Union (AU) Recruitment For Secretary (AUSC) – Apply Here. African Union is now recruiting for the position of Secretary (AUSC). Interested persons should see how to apply below and the requirements.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary (AUSC)
Requisition ID: 1612
Location: Yaounde, Cameroun
Division: Finance and Administration Unit
Reports to: Coordinator & Finance and Administration Officer
Directorate / Department: Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development
Number of Positions: 2
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: GSA4
Contract Type: Regular
- To provide secretarial and clerical support services to the assigned supervisor or the Office in general for its effective functioning.
- Provide timely operational support
- Implement operational activities as scheduled and report.
- Prepare routine office communication and assist in compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
- Assist in the creation, improvement and maintenance of record and retrieval systems
- Follow up on provision and maintenance of office facilities and materials.
- Assist in the follow up on logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow up meeting decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensure their implementation.
- Draft responses to routine correspondences for the signature of the supervisors;
- Type and proof-read documents, reports, etc as may be required by assigned supervisors;
- Attend visitors and staff and provide them with basic information on relevant issues and procedures;
- Assist in the follow up on logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates;
- Keep an up to date diary of appointments for supervisors;
- Keep equipment in use in good condition and report on defects for maintenance and other necessary action;
- Provide day to day routine administrative supports to various work units of the assigned Units;
- Ensure availability of stationery stock, equipment and furniture in offices assigned;
- Maintain a proper filing and recording system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences and documents;
- Respond to and screen various correspondences such as telephone calls, e-mail messages and ensure follow up with supervisors and partners;
- Perform reception services where required; and
- Perform any other relevant duties and responsibility as may be assigned.
Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Diploma in Secretarial Science, Administrative Services, Office Management, or related studies with 3 years of relevant secretarial work experience in public organizations, diplomatic missions, international organizations or international non-governmental organizations.
- Candidates who are holders of Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Services, Office Management, or related studies are required to have a minimum of 2 years of relevant secretarial work experience in public organizations, diplomatic missions, international organizations or international non-governmental organizations.
- Communication related training is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of computer office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Very good typing skills, of at least fifty words per minute.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good analytical skills and ability to identify workable alternative and solutions, firm yet flexible, confident.
- Able to manage stress.
- Strong personality but friendly, polite and patient.
- Work quickly, accurately and efficiently, meeting tight deadlines.
- Be able to work unsupervised on your own initiative;
- Strong communication ability both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in any one of the AU officials working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish and Kiswahili) is a requirement, while fluency in two, specifically English and French is an added advantage.
- Developing Others
- Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge and Information Sharing
- Task Focused
- Continuous Improvement Awareness
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- Proficiency in any one of the AU official working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish and Kiswahili) is a requirement, while fluency in two, specifically English and French is an advantage.
Indicative basic salary of USD12,834.00 (GSA4 Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (48% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
13th February, 2023.
- Only candidates who have meet all the requirements of the post and have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.