African Union (AU) Recruitment For Recruitment Officer – Apply. African Union Is now recruiting for a recruitment Officer. Interested persons should see how to apply below and the requirements.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Officer
Requisition ID: 1429
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contract Type: Regular
Reports to: Principal Recruitment Officer
Directorate/Department/Organ: Human Resources Management
Division: HR Shared Services
Number of Direct Reports: 3
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Purpose of Job
- To oversee the entire recruitment process managing both internal and external stakeholders from recruitment requisition from hiring managers, writing and placing adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, managing the offer and completing associated administrative tasks.
- Provides support for the monitoring and evaluation of a predefined recruitment strategic plan.
- Responsible for sourcing high caliber candidates, ensuring the recruitment has been planned, budgeted and approved prior to recruitment.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure a smooth, timely and effective recruitment and selection process.
- Provide feedback to relevant parties at each stage of the recruitment process.
- Prepares minutes, and reports and ensures the approval of all due documents in a timely manner.
- Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages and coordinates the selection and assessment processes including cv sifts, ensuring all resourcing processes meet legal requirements and are fair, fit and inclusive.
- Provides support in setting the overall research direction and execution of relevant policy areas.
- Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships.
- Participate in the review of Standard Operating Procedures, policies, guidelines and tools used in shortlisting, interviewing and selecting of staff;
- Provides support in the development of the yearly recruitment plan and contributes to the recruitment process;
- Carry out all the administrative duties in the recruitment process such as logging application forms/cvs, organizing recruitment timetables, arranging interviews, interview tests and distributing interview packs and shortlisting to interviewees/panels.
- Accurate and timely management of documentation and reporting.
- Ensures administration of language professional examination and psychometric assessment to candidates;
- Makes sure that reference checks are done in a timely manner.
- Seeks approval for appointments and ensures the creation of contracts in SAP system, and prepares job offers to successful candidates;
- Provides support in the process of building awareness amongst, senior management and staff members with regard to CBI, Psychometric Tests, application process; recruitment policy, staff rules and regulations, and related guidelines;
- Ensures compliance to established recruitment practices and staff regulations and rules at all recruitment processes;
- Reviews job openings in consultation with hiring managers/HRBP, ensuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities are in line with the approved documents;
- Publishes vacancies on AU website and subscribed social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook)
- Ensures thorough monitoring of postings and applications to ensure timely recruitment.
- Coordinates and participates in shortlisting and interview activities using the Success Factor for candidate’s list generation and scoring.
- Provides guidance on the interpretation and application of related recruitment policies, regulations and rules.
- Contributes to the resolution of grievances and complaints related to recruitment.
- Participates in the planning process throughout the recruitment life cycle for determining the staffing requirements and organizational structure and conducts analysis to provide inputs on emerging fixed-term capacity gaps in accordance with the mission/clients’ mandate.
- Revises all outgoing documents to ensure accuracy,
- Administers the process for new employees, for example, prepares offer letters.
- Liaises with onboarding team to initiate onboarding process for appointed successful candidates.
- Processes upgrading, promotion, transfer and other relevant requests to the Promotion and Mobility Committee until approval.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Management, Public Administration, Labor Law or related field with 5 years of progressive relevant experience in human resources management or recruitment in a similar international organization out of which 2 years are at the supervisory level.
- A Master’s degrees in indicated fields are required to have 2 years of experience in human resources management or recruitment in similar international organization.
- Professional certification from recognized HR institutions such as SHRM-CP, PHR or equivalent are desirable.
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and AU computer software systems
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Planning and organizational skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Fosters Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for result
- Continuous improvement focus
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal-opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 18,547.20 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
24th April 2023.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.